You and I have something in common!
We have both deeply suffered from gut issues which have affected not only our bowel movements (or lack thereof) but also our mood, hormones, weight, immune system and overall zest for life.
Since my teens I’ve struggled with my health. My health issues presented as chronic sinus infections, fatigue and constipation which eventually progressed to me losing my period and developing Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
I hit a point in my life that maybe you can relate to – if I didn’t get answers and start feeling better, I wouldn’t be able to live into the dreams I had for my life. Something had to change, and I quickly understood that if I was going to get better, I would have to figure it out for myself.
Below is a grocery list of the issues I was struggling with, and I would bet you have first-hand experience with some of these as well:
- Anxiety and depression
- Mood swings especially around different times of my cycle.
- Hormonal imbalances
- Weight gain that wouldn’t budge no matter how much exercising or dieting I did.
- Chronic fatigue that got so bad that I had to take long naps just to get through the day.
- Chronic pain that seemed to come out of nowhere.
- Bloating, constipation, diarrhea, gas, stabbing pain.
- Food intolerances
- Chronic yeast infections.
- Development of other diseases, especially autoimmune diseases.
Learning what your unique body needs to really thrive will be a lifelong journey.
Providing your gut with the nourishment, support and integrity it needs to thrive is arguably one of the most important steps you can take on your journey towards feeling truly alive in your body.
“In 2014, my body started screaming at me. Even though I was doing CrossFit five times a week and eating a paleo diet, I was gaining weight and worse yet I was getting sick 10-12 times per year and having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. I worked with nearly a dozen naturopathic and homeopathic doctors, acupuncturists, nutritionists, and coaches. Each one ran a series of tests and then worked to solve the numbers on those tests to no avail. I knew from my first session with Ishbel that her holistic approach and focus on the mind-body connection were going to be different.
Working with Ishbel this year has been life-changing for me! Her level of holistic knowledge and support allowed me to have a much deeper understanding of myself and my body.
For the first time in my life, I am actually listening to my body with a compassionate heart and learning to work with my body instead of against it.” – Jen H.
Most people don’t realize that the digestive system deeply impacts every area of health. As one of the greatest physicians in the history of mankind, Hippocrates, said:
“All disease begins in the gut.”
Did you know that:
- 50% of dopamine is produced in the gastrointestinal tract.
- 95% of serotonin is produced in the gastrointestinal tract.
- 70% of the immune system is housed in the gastrointestinal tract.
Gut health is imperative to:
- Management of autoimmune diseases.
- Balancing and detoxifying hormones.
- The body’s stress response.
- Joint and ligaments function which can be a contributing factor to chronic pain.
- Weight loss no matter how many calories you burn in a day.
Over the course of the last 10 years, I received the education I needed to get my life back. This grew into a practice around helping others to do the same.
My training as a Nutritional Therapist and a Restorative Wellness Practitioner integrates nutritional science with functional tests. We can then curate a program for you that doesn’t just address symptoms but also targets test results.
I know that making significant changes to your diet and lifestyle is no small feat…and it may even feel daunting.
“With Ishbel’s wealth of information, and her caring, compassionate and encouraging support, I’ve been able to keep my health issues under control using natural nutritional support rather than starting down the path of being stuck on pharmaceutical drugs. Not only have I been able to stay prescription-free, but I’ve also made lasting changes to my diet, lost weight, figured out what foods are my friends and what foods are best for me to stay away from.
I’ve also noticed I am sleeping better and have more energy throughout the day. The heartburn I have struggled with for several years calmed, and with the GI Map and food inflammation tests Ishbel was able to target exactly what was contributing to my issues.
It’s different for everyone which is why having a nutritional therapist in my corner has been tremendously helpful. And while this process was at times frustrating, I wanted to give up several times, but the results have been worth it. Ishbel understands the struggles, frustrations, and benefits of making lasting nutritional changes and will be with you every step of the way.” – Rhonnye M.
One of the greatest joys of my work is coaching my clients through roadblocks and making the impossible feel possible.
I want you to know right here and right now that gut healing is an incredibly complex and dynamic process that will require you to be empowered with education, tools and support.
I’ve never been a good salesperson, and it’s really important to me that I be up-front with you.
The Gastrointestinal Foundations Program requires you to dig in and do the hard work. I’ll be right there with you to help you through every step of the way, BUT as much as I would love to be able to – I can’t do the work for you.
And, I know that what you will learn from me in the time that we are together will act as a springboard for you into the rest of your life so that you can revisit this material and not only consistently improve your health but also improve the lives of the people you love and hold most dear.
The Gut Healing Foundations Program weaves together the elements you’ll need to start healing your gut and stop the progression of illness in its tracks:
- Live workshops
- Step-by-step guides
- Personalized tutorials on exactly what you’re struggling with.
- GI Map: stool test that measures pathogens, viruses, bacteria, normal bacteria, gut function.
- MRT Food Inflammation: test to identify inflammation coming from a food intolerance.
- One-on-one support
- Tools for success
- Compassionate guidance from someone who has totally been in your shoes!
- Normal gut flora
- Digestive function
- Detox support
- H. Pylori eradication
- Leaky gut
- Delicious recipes
- Shopping lists
- Editable & searchable
Integrative Protocols for the WHOLE person that take into consideration:
- Learning style
- Emotional wellbeing
“I was struggling with a number of issues – migraines, gut discomfort, fatigue, brain fog, depressive moods, irritability, hormonal irregularities and post baby weight that wouldn’t budge.
I began her Nutritional Therapy Program in June of 2020. After doing the blood and GI testing, I was shocked to find out that these microscopic things in my gut could be reeking such havoc on my entire body! Ishbel walked me through every single detail. She took the time to make sure I understood the science behind her recommendations. Ishbel genuinely cares about her clients.
She made me feel heard and understood. I completed her GI protocol and I can honestly say that I feel better at 36 than I did at 28. My migraines have decreased significantly from daily to monthly (I’m currently doing her Hormone Therapy Program to understand this piece further).
My gut issues have all but disappeared and if I do have a stomach ache, bloating or gas I know exactly why and how to make better diet choices next time. My brain fog is gone. My unexplained fatigue is also gone. I lost 8lbs and nearly have my pre pregnancy body back!
I also have found the energy to get up in the mornings and exercise (something I never thought I’d do). I found that my diet really affects my mood and when I’m strict with what I eat I feel less irritable and happier. I’m really looking forward to working with her on the hormone piece to my health puzzle. I cannot recommend Ishbel enough.” – Emily B.
BENEFITS OF GUT HEALING WORK
- Weight Loss
- Improved digestion – eliminate constipation, diarrhea, bloating, pain
- Improved hormonal balance – there are specific markers on the GI Map that will help us to track this.
- Reintroduction and integration into your diet of foods that were once symptom-producing for you and are now no problem.
- Improved energy and cognitive function
- Better sleep
- Balanced blood sugar
- Improvement in chronic pain especially for those people with autoimmune diseases.
- Stronger immune system
- Learn which foods are your friend and which foods make you sick.
- A clean and delicious diet that you can comfortably enjoy for a lifetime.
THE GUT HEALING FOUNDATIONS VIRTUAL PROGRAM
GI Map + Education + 28 Day Happy Gut Meal Plan + Digestive Supplements
Education is the bedrock of lifelong wellness. In the first month of the Gastrointestinal Foundations Program, you will have access to two live group workshops (that will be recorded) in addition to eBooks you can access in your own time.
GI MAP Stool Analysis Test (Prerequisite to enter program: see below for details)
- The GI Map uses quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR) technology to detect parasites, bacteria, fungi and much more by targeting the specific DNA of the organisms tested.
- The GI Map is a stool test. You will receive the test kit delivered straight to your home.
- Evaluation of test results & protocol development.
- Nutri-Q Symptom Assessment: this 500 question assessment will graph and organize your symptoms so that we know exactly which organs to focus our attention on. This assessment also acts as a powerful tool in tracking your progress over the course of the program.
- 1 Hour Consult
Digestive Function Supplements
- I will curate a unique supplement protocol for you based off of the results of your GI Map. This will be the first of two protocols.
- Supplements will amplify the body’s natural digestive function and are used to increase stomach acid production, digestive enzymes, prebiotic support and probiotic populations.
- Supplements that provide important vitamins and minerals like zinc, magnesium and vitamin B.
- I extend to you a 20% discount on supplements through my Fullscript dispensary.
Here are the topics we will cover in the two live and virtual group workshops:
- What is the gut microbiome, and how does it become imbalanced?
- What is “leaky gut”, and how does it contribute to food sensitivities?
- Gut physiology 101: how digestion works from mouth to anus, and how the function of every digestive organ affects overall digestion, energy and immune function.
- Emotional eating: the why, what and how of healing your relationship with food. (Hint: the solution may surprise you!)
- Healthy fats versus inflammatory fats.
- Kitchen tools: what you’ll need to make cooking easy and healthy.
- Batch Cooking & how to make cooking easy and fast.
- Water consumption: how much do you need?
- The 5 most important actions you can take today to support your gut.
eBooks you will receive to review in your own time:
- The Ultimate Guide to Allergens, Intolerances and Digestive Diseases
- Take Care of Your Metabolism with Daily Self-Care Habits
- Nutrition Myths & Facts
- Gluten Free Living
30 Day Happy Gut Meal Plan
- This plan is specifically curated by me to help resolve complicated gut issues.
- For 30 days you’ll receive recipes and shopping lists for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- You will learn how to track your symptoms in the Food Journal for use later on in the program.
“When I first came to Ishbel, I was miserable with hives and histamine symptoms. Congestion, sneezing, itchy tongue and mouth. I was constantly bloated with burping and gas and felt nauseas. I was taking Pepcid regularly.
I had to eat a diet that was very limited based on foods that were low in histamines. I felt defeated and at a loss from being able to heal my issues. Ishbel suggested doing two tests that are unique to me and my specific imbalances.
These tests uncovered precisely what was causing my symptoms so that they could be pinpointed and treated accordingly. In the past, I was treated on a more general basis by other practitioners without knowing how and why my symptoms were happening. The test results were by far the most accurate information that I was given. I finally found my root cause just by using these two tests which took away so much of the guesswork. For the first time, I felt hopeful. And it worked! I finally was able to eradicate the gut imbalances that were causing my symptoms for the first time in years.
Ishbel’s knowledge of my issues were spot on. She has a keen sense of awareness and intuition that by far sets her apart from anyone I have ever worked with in the past. She is able to hone right in and bring relief. I have not felt this good in years. My symptoms are gone. I am able to eat a wide variety of foods again. My energy has increased. My anxiety has decreased and I feel whole again. I now know my triggers and have the wisdom to do what is right for me and my body. We are all so different and this is not a one size fits all program. It is so precise and specific to your exact needs. This has made all of the difference which sets her apart from other practitioners.” – Joy C.
Months 2 – 4
One-on-One Support & Protocol Development
In months two through four of the Gastrointestinal Foundations Program, we will work closely together to address the results of your GI Map as well as your MRT food inflammation test. We will be in regular communication as we refine your diet and supplement protocol as well as support you emotionally and physically as you make profound changes to your health.
Here is what is included in months two through four:
One-on-one Virtual Consults
- Month Two: 1 ninety-minute appointment + 1 thirty-minute appointment.
- Month Three: 2 thirty-minute appointments.
- Month Four: 1 thirty-minute appointment + 1 ninety-minute appointment.
Total: 300 minutes of one-on-one appointments.
Unlimited Chat & Email support
- Send me a message any time you have a question through a chat system connected to your protocol.
- Being in regular communication is an important part of your success.
- Together, we will curate a delicious meal plan that satisfies your tastes and adheres to the results of your GI Map and MRT food inflammation tests.
- You will receive recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- Guidance on integrating cooking into your daily life.
MRT Food Inflammation Test:
- You will receive a test kit delivered to your house.
- The MRT Food Inflammation Test is a blood test that tests 170 foods and chemicals.
- This test has a 94.7% accuracy rate.
- The cost of this test is $350, and it is included in the cost of the program.
Continuous Protocol Development, Refinement & Retooling
- We will develop a protocol of supplements and foods to address the results of your GI Map and MRT Food Inflammation tests.
- More often than not, these protocols need to be adjusted over the three month timeframe to ensure the body is getting the support that it needs to reach optimal health.
Targeted Digestive Supplements to address issues like:
- Leaky gut
- Gut dysbiosis (pathogens, viruses, H. Pylori, bacteria, yeast)
- Pancreatic function
- Liver and gallbladder support
- Immune function (specific to the gut)
- Gut healing agents.
Lifelong Dietary Changes
- Learn which foods give you energy, boost your immune system, balance your hormones and make your tummy happy.
- Develop a healthy relationship with food as a tool for healing and lifelong health.
Gut Healing Foundations Newsletter (One every week for 12 weeks.)
Here are the topics covered in the newsletter:
- Healing Reactions & Staying Organized
- Food Journal & Encouraging Yourself
- Supplement Deep-Dive
- Leaky Gut & Food Diversity
- How to Navigate Vacations & Restaurants
- Your Why
- Emotional Eating
- Stress & the Adrenals
- Reintroduction of MRT Foods
- Life-Changing Hormones & Your Gut
Rest and Restore Workshop
Stress is arguably the leading cause of health issues. Learning how to manage your stress through daily self-care routines is key to not only support the gut healing work you’re doing, but to also ensure that you have the tools you need to manage stress for the rest of your life.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Breathing techniques to lower cortisol levels and halt the “fight or flight response”
- The science of tapping and why Harvard has been studying it for its effects on stress and PTSD.
- Self-Massage techniques
- Kundalini yoga
- Restorative yoga
- Journaling and thought downloads
Tuesday 7am PST Circuit Class
This class integrates yoga, Pilates, cardio and self-massage into a heart-pumping and yet gentle class that is great for supporting your healing journey while not straining your joints or your energy. Exercise is key to supporting the body’s detoxification pathways, but traditional exercise classes can often exacerbate the outlying symptoms of gut imbalances like fatigue, chronic pain and muscle weakness. I have twenty years of experience working with people who suffer from chronic pain, and in this class I’ll teach you how to take care of yourself and move at your own pace.
If you aren’t able to make this class live – no problem! The recording will be sent to you, and you can do the workout as many times as you’d like for 7 days until the next class is released.
Tools you’ll need for this class:
- Foam roller
- Hand weights (2-3 lbs)
- Yoga mat
($400 value per 4 months.)
“When I first came to Ishbel, my gut health was in terrible shape. I had been on some very heavy antibiotics for a long period of time and it ended up destroying my gut. I was experiencing nausea, chronic stomach pain, exhaustion, I was struggling to consume protein, and I wasn’t sleeping well. My overall quality of life was not that great. Daily, I took anti-nausea medication and pills to help with stomach cramping before I ate, and even after that I would still have to lay down from the pain.
After one and a half years of going to different doctors and specialists, doing many tests, and continually being told “nothing was wrong” with me, I knew I needed to try something else.
Within two weeks of following my specialized diet and supplement plan my nausea and stomach pain subsided greatly. After several months, the pain has completely vanished! I am sleeping better and now able to absorb nutrients in food, which has helped with my energy levels. I am no longer running to the bathroom or having to lay down after eating. My overall quality of life has improved, and I’ve lost a lot of weight.
What makes Ishbel’s program different and unique is that she acknowledges that you are sick. Her validation and determination to get to the root cause gave me the encouragement I needed to fully commit to her program. She listens to everything you say and addresses all issues. Her tests give her the full picture and she creates customized plans to start fixing the problem(s). I learned how to read labels, create meal plans, how to stay on track while traveling, and as she would say “eat the rainbow” in fruits and veggies. She meets you exactly where you are at physically and mentally to ensure the program works for you and you succeed.
– Jenny O.
GI MAP CONSULT
- GI Map Stool Test $350
- Nutri-Q Symptom Assessment
- GI Map & Nutri-Q Consult $150
Total Worth: $500
YOUR PRICE: $445
To be accepted into the program, you must first do a GI Map test and a 60 minute consultation with me to review the test results and the Nutri-Q assessment.
If the GI Map comes back showing that your gut needs support, you are then welcome and encouraged to join the program.
GUT HEALING FOUNDATIONS VIRTUAL PROGRAM
- GI Map Review $150
- MRT Food Inflammation Test $350
- Month 1 $199 value
- Month 2 – 4 $3000 value
- Protocol & Meal Plan Development & Adjustments $400 value
- Bonuses $500 value
YOUR PRICE: $580 per month for 4 Months
- I extend to you a 20% discount on supplements through my Fullscript dispensary.
- Please note: the monthly cost of supplements can vary depending on the results of your GI Map. On average, clients invest between $100 – $300 per month on supplements.
If you have any questions whatsoever, I welcome you to reach out to me.
All of my best,
Please note that the deadline to sign up is May 15th.
Please note that my Gastrointestinal Foundations Program is a prerequisite for my Hormone Balancing Program.
Trying to balance hormones without first addressing gut health is like building a house on quicksand.
A lot of my clients – and maybe that includes you! – come to me because they’re not so much struggling with digestive issues like bloating, constipation and diarrhea, as much as they’re struggling with hormonal imbalances like weight gain, fatigue and perimenopause / menopause.
Because of how influential the gut is on the endocrine (hormones) system as well as the immune system, I will not work on hormonal imbalances with my clients until they have completed the Gut Healing Foundations Program.
PSSS: If you’d like to read more about the gut healing process, click HERE to read an in-depth review.